Production, Technical & Wholesale
Product Developer - Luxury
East London, London
My client is currently looking for a Product Developer with a focus on luxury fabrics to join the team on a temp to perm basis. My client are an up and coming brand that have already had successful shows and market presence.
My client have gone from strength to strength this year and are looking for the best talent to join!
* Undertaking in store research quarterly, primarily to research new finishing but also looking at fabrics and trims.
* Analyzing initial research with the Design Team and looking into how key detailing will be developed for the collection, mocking up prototypes in advance of first fittings where necessary.
* Attend all relevant sketch handovers from design.
* Attend fit sessions where possible.
* Organise and follow up on all trials requested by the design team safeguarding the high standard of finish.
* Develop all high cost product to ensure to this is developed with the required level of expertise.
* Upload all relevant styles into Zedonk. Ensuring all information is entered and maintained to 100% accuracy.
* Send out pick packs to relevant suppliers as needed.
* Review all samples received to ensure that styles are of the required standard.
* In conjunction with the Head of Development analysis all styles to identify cost savings to help meet the required seasonal margins.
* Build and maintain appropriate relationships with relevant suppliers and manufacturers.
* Manage the development of junior members of the development team. Actively advising and assisting their development.
Hand over to Production:
* Leading the costing reviews ahead of the Production Handovers to ensure all information is correct in tech packs and Zedonk. Ensuring a clean and precise handover to production.
* Attending all production handovers related to relevant product.
* Checking and ensuring all information passed to the production team is 100% accurate and up to date in time with set deadlines.
* Clearly communicating to the Production Team any difficulty encountered with each style and outlining why pieces were placed with specific manufacturers or made in-house.
* Where issues do arise in Production; actively participate in problem solving to ensure all issues are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner.
To apply please email
Due to volume of applications, only successful candidates will be approached.
If this Product Developer - Luxury role interests you, please click the ‘Apply’ button and submit your cv with your portfolio and quote reference NS - PD - L_1568036002.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB