Freelance Seamstress - Womenswear Designer - East London - £20-£25 per hour
I am currently working with a luxury womenswear designer who has just had a very successful LFW Show who know requires a skilled freelance seamstress to join them for ongoing work throughout the new season. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Seamstress to work with one of the UK's most sought after designers in their state of the art studio.
About the role…
- The ideal candidate will have experience working within a luxury atelier, creating first samples & show pieces & experience with working closely with the Pattern Cutters and Atelier Manager to ensure the highest of standards are met.
- Experience with classic and new techniques.
- Resolving any issues with the make-up of garments
- Achieve finished garments made and embroidered to the highest quality.
- Ensuring samples are ready in a timely manner
- It is essential to have lengthy experience within the industry of at least 10 years.
- The perfect candidate will ideally have experience of working with various fine fabrications including silks, chiffon's, leathers ect
- The ability to hand sew with the finest precision when required.
- You will have previous experience within fast paced environments ideally having worked within an atelier in the run up to a fashion show or special event
- Bilingual is an added bonus
- You will also have excellent communication skills both written and verbal and work well within a team and on independently.
- Available for flexible work including weekends & evening work.
Please note that due to the high volume of candidates only suitable candidates will be responded too.