Creative Pattern Cutter
West London, London
My client are currently hiring for a Creative Pattern Cutter to cover the maternity leave for 12-14 months. I am looking for an experienced Creative Pattern Cutter, who has at least 5 years' experience working in Luxury Fashion with good tailoring knowledge.
* The interpretation of designs into wearable garments.
* Working within an agreed critical path on multiple patterns for each collection
* Attending fit sessions and ensuring accurate implementation of comments into patterns following fit sessions.
* Liaising with designers and sample machinists during the sampling process to achieve the best results.
* Creating final production patterns ensuring patterns and lay plans are made cost-effectively.
* Responsibility for the e-mailing of patterns and manufacturing specifications to factories & for maintaining accurate records of all information distributed.
* Please note that we have a garment tech, this role is pattern cutting and grading.
Candidates applying for this role should have:
- A passion to create great garments.
- A relevant qualification gained from a recognised institute.
- Ability to develop first patterns from design illustrations.
- Knowledge of any computer aided pattern software
- Strong technical knowledge of structured garment construction and tailored garments.
- Varied pattern cutting experience with woven fabrics.
- Industry experience working with external production factories.
- Commercial awareness with regards to cost effective manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of CAD/CAD systems (such as Gerber, Lectra etc.)
- Proficient use of Microsoft programmes in particular Excel and Outlook.
- Grading knowledge.
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure to set deadlines.
- Familiarity of working with a garment technologist to ensure consistency in technical specifications packs for factories
- A self-motivated person with good communication skills, happy to engage with the others and working as part of the design team including our in-house workroom.
- Illustrator and Photoshop advantageous.
If this Creative Pattern Cutter role interests you, please click the ‘Apply’ button and submit your cv with your portfolio and quote reference 58260_1567088507.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB